Saturday 3 July 2010

Me as a teacher


Last year I taught English at an Official School of Languages whose only classroom equipment was the traditional TV, DVD player and OHP, so I did not have the chance to use technology in my teaching.


Now I am working at a school which is technologically fully equipped. There are computers with Internet connection and digital whiteboards in all classrooms. This fact has given me the opportunity to use technology in my teaching, making my lessons much more creative and interesting. However, it also made me realise that I still need to learn a lot. So do my students. Some of them have never used a computer before joining my English lessons.

People learn English as a foreign language for the sake of communicating. Nowadays, one of the icons of communication is the mobile phone. I have chosen the iPhone to illustrate my philosophy of teaching because it has an application for almost everything. I would like to be able to provide my students with all they need to become autonomous learners in the 21st century society.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Vanesa,
    I completely agree with you. Our students need time to digest everything. Sometimes they are overwhelmed with the input they receive. That's why it is essential that we provide them the tools to work on their own.
    joan carles

    ReplyDelete